Next GSOC Board Meeting, Wednesday, May 5th, 2021, 9:00 AM.
**This will be a video conference meeting**
If you would like to be invited to this meeting, please contact Barb Cederberg GSOC COO at 651-681-7303 or at Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOARD ELECTION POLICY
Gopher State One Call is recruiting for Board membership and/or user's group participation. In particular, GSOC seeks subject matter expertise from Greater Minnesota investor owned utilities, municipal water and sewer systems, the agricultural industry particularly expertise concerning drain tiles and excavations, the pipeline industry and other industry sectors not currently represented on GSOC’s Board. View the Call for Applications providing more detail below. Thank you for your interest in serving the underground safety stakeholders in Minnesota.
Gopher State One Call is a non-member Minnesota nonprofit corporation with oversight provided by its Board of Directors, consisting of Directors from a wide spectrum of damage prevention industry stakeholders. For further information, history and background, see the Board Election Policy.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
- April 7, 2021 - Minutes
- Mar. 17, 2021 - Minutes
- Mar. 3, 2021 - Minutes
- Feb. 3, 2021 - Minutes
- Jan. 13, 2021 - APPROVED
Highlights: April 7, 2021
- Chair’s Report: Dave Hunstad congratulated OCC employees on promotions. Kimberly Boyd is being promoted to Customer Relationship Manager for some western states including Minnesota.
- Board Discussion: Reports from the Field. Jason Ponciano and Keith Novy noted significant contributions to ticket volumes due to cable drops and project builds as communications companies continue to build out infrastructure.
- MnOPS Update: Thomas Coffman from the Office of Pipeline Safety advised the MnOPS virtual safety conference will be on April 16 and invitation reminders will go out shortly.
- Chief Operations Officer Report: Barb Cederberg noted the GSOC Strategic Plan continues to drive activities both within and outside the notification center. In general, the call center is operating very well and early ticket volume for the first 3 months of the year is up 23%.
- OCC Report: Kimberly Boyd indicated this would be her last presentation as General Manager of the center and noted how much she has enjoyed serving as General Manager for the notification center.
Highlights: March 17, 2021
On March 17, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. by Zoom videoconference, the Board of Directors meeting was called to order by Chair Dave Hunstad. Roll call was taken and a quorum was determined to be present. Dean Parker was asked to act as recording secretary.
Barbara Cederberg provided a brief update. Several promotions are pending at the notification center. The underground mapping project team subgroups are active and are working on best practices for maintaining and sharing GIS data. The Board was reminded that the MnOPS conference will be virtual this year on April 16.Read More
Highlights: March 3, 2021
- Summary Minutes: Upon motion made and duly seconded, the Board elected the following to serve on the Board for 2021: Chris Fry, Tom Hoffman, Dave hunstad, Phil Lesnar, Dan Munthe, Jason Ponciano, Sam Richert, Mark Sellin, Jim Smith, Ray Starr, Joe Thill, Ben Wallace, Patrick Warden, Ward Westphal
Highlights: Feb. 3, 2021
- Summary Minutes: A discussion then took place regarding Board composition, committees and officers. Upon motion made and duly seconded, the following officers were elected for 2021: Dave Hunstad – Chair, Keith Novy – Vice Chair, Tom Hoffman – Treasurer, Ward Westphal – Secretary.
Highlights: January 13, 2021
- Chair’s Report: Dave Hunstad welcomed everyone. He reminded the Board that the next meeting would be a governance only closed session to be held on February 3 at 9:00 a.m. by Zoom videoconference.
- Legislative Report: Dean Parker gave a brief legislative report summarizing legislative activity of the previous session.
- Chief Operations Officer Report: Barb Cederberg gave a brief summary of the 2020 excavation season. There were over 941,000 tickets, a new GSOC record. This was an approximately 10.9% increase.
- MnOPS Update: Jon Wolfgram advised the Board that the last 216D meeting held during the 4th quarter yielded no proposed statutory changes at this time but discussions will continue. 3 meetings are anticipated in order to discuss Minnesota statutes 216D during 2021.
- OCC Report: Kimberly Boyd advised the Board that the work from home model remains successful. Approximately 46 CSRs continue to work from home with 6 in the office.
- PR/Awareness Report: Olivia Philips advised the Board that OCC’s creative unit has assisted in developing videos for the damage prevention meetings this spring.